Family-owned company rich in tradition – for over three generations
Founded by Josef Höfer in 1932, our company was taken over by Johannes and Peter Höfer in 1968.
Since this time Höfer has continued its development unabated. Initially founded for the production of pumice-based construction materials, it is now a mid-size organization with a group structure: currently Josef Höfer GmbH & Co. KG in Urmitz, Josef Höfer GmbH in Urmitz including its operation in Dillingen, and HMT GmbH & Co. KG in Hettstedt.
The Group has a combined 350-plus workforce in its surface finishing, metalworking and aluminum processing departments at its three locations. To this day, the workforce includes members of the Höfer family.
With Höfer GmbH’s current executive management team – Ursula Couvreux and Christoph Höfer – the third generation of the Höfer family is at the helm of the company. At HMT, Christian Schwarz has co-managed the company together with Ursula Couvreux since 2017.
Chronology – from Höfer’s founding in 1932 to the present day
- Christian Schwarz joins forces with Ursula Couvreux in HMT’s executive management.
- Blechking, a web portal for plate and sheet cut to order, is developed.
- Sudden death of Thomas Höfer.
- Christoph Höfer joins forces with Ursula Couvreux as executive management at Höfer GmbH.
The state-of-the-art HybrEx press is commissioned in Hettstedt.
A new vertical line goes into operation in Urmitz.
Ursula Couvreux becomes the managing director of HMT.
Ursula Couvreux becomes the managing director of Höfer GmbH.
At the Hettstedt site a foundry goes into operation for the production of aluminum billet from secondary aluminum.
Höfer acquires the aluminum extrusion plant IMT in Hettstedt, and renames it HMT (Höfer Metall Technik).
The production and warehouse area in Urmitz is increased to 35,000 m².
Two new horizontal powder coating lines go into operation.
Höfer acquires an anodic coating plant in Dillingen (Saar).
Thomas Höfer takes over executive management.
The first vertical powder coating line is commissioned in Urmitz.
Production area in Urmitz = 16,000 m²
The Urmitz site is expanded and modernized, increasing its capacity.
A second horizontal powder coating line is put into operation in Urmitz.
The first horizontal powder coating line is commissioned at the Urmitz site.
Johannes and Peter Höfer succeed Josef Höfer and take over the company. They transform Josef Höfer KG, a limited partnership, into Josef Höfer GmbH, a limited liability company. The first anodic coating line is also commissioned in the Urmitz plant.
Josef Höfer founds Josef Höfer KG for the production of pumice-based construction materials.