Quality, energy, environment, and sustainability
For our customers. For our environment.
In manufacturing and production, we attach importance to the highest achievable quality. Our employees are guided by uncompromising quality and a focus on the big picture. Meaning that a systematic focus on quality and quality improvement are an integral part of their day-to-day work.
Our customers and the environment take front and center stage in everything we do. They are what drive us to live continuous improvement. Feedback and suggestions – also from our own employees – are crucial, and welcome.
Certified quality builds trust
The Höfer Group maintains an end-to-end quality management system that undergoes continuous certification to the strictest standards. This guarantees that you always receive the best product, regardless of you might need from our comprehensive range of products and services.
Our long-standing certification to IATF 16949 (previously ISO/TS 16949) underscores our high level of competence and experience as suppliers to the automotive industry at our Hettstedt site. We are also certified to EN 15088 for extruded components for structural engineering applications.
Our quality management system at the Urmitz site is certified to ISO 9001.
The certification of our energy management system to ISO 50001 at all of our sites underscores our designated objective of sustainable resource utilization.
The quality assurance of coatings and anodic finishes means they must satisfy the exacting testing and inspection processes established by the German Quality Assurance Association for Anodized Aluminum and QUALICOAT.
Adherence to requirements pertaining to coating thickness (DIN 50884), determinative testing (DIN 50899, ISO 3210), admittance (DIN 50949), and ongoing process controls ensure that a constant high level of quality is maintained.
The powder coating process must also satisfy exacting requirements. This is ensured by impact testing (ASTM D 2794-69) and cross-cut testing (DIN 58151), among others.
Our employees are sensitized to monitoring all process steps.
Your satisfaction is our number one objective
Our tried-and-tested quality management system is the basis for customer satisfaction and employee motivation. It ensures that all customer requirements are consistently taken into account and implemented.
Our goal is to maintain our status as an A-rated supplier by always providing for premium products and service. That’s also why we seek to continuously improve. By pursuing a zero-error strategy we proactively avoid errors by taking preventive action early on, instead of responding after the fact and fixing them.
Cutting-edge machinery for more environmental protection
Sustainability is our top priority. Expanding the use of aluminum provides for outstanding opportunities on account of its light weight and infinite recyclability. This strategy enables us to achieve our exacting performance goals while lowering energy consumption and thus complying with environmental standards.
The emissions at all of our sites are significantly below the levels required by law. The foundry has been retrofitted with the latest exhaust extraction systems and filter technology in order to reduce emissions to an absolute minimum. A significant contribution to reducing CO2 greenhouse emissions is made by ongoing programs to reduce energy consumption and optimize material efficiency throughout the company.
From 2019 we will also be implementing ISO 14001 (environmental management).
Our certifications at a glance
- IATF 16949:2016 – DEApplies to: manufacture of extruded billet, production of extruded rod, pipe and sections made of aluminum alloys; mechanical finishing and assembly689 KB
- IATF 16949:2016 – ENApplies to: manufacture of extruded billet, production of extruded rod, pipe and sections made of aluminum alloys; mechanical finishing and assembly664 KB
- IATF 16949:2016 – FRApplies to: manufacture of extruded billet, production of extruded rod, pipe and sections made of aluminum alloys; mechanical finishing and assembly683 KB
- QUALANOD – license no. 627 – DEAuthorization to use the QUALANOD quality label pursuant to the QUALANOD audit terms, as amended, for the sulfuric acid anodization of aluminum for architectural applications.174 KB
- QUALICOAT – license no. 904 – DEAuthorization to use the QUALICOAT quality label pursuant to the terms pertaining to its use for powder and liquid coatings on aluminum for architectural applications.160 KB
- 15088:2006 – DECertificate on the company’s factory production control system pursuant to EN 15088-2006 Annex ZA.345 KB
- ISO 9001:2015 – DEApplies to: anodization and powder coating of aluminum profiles and sheet, and metalworking117 KB
- ISO 50001:2011 – DEApplies to: anodization and powder coating of aluminum profiles and sheet, and metalworking96 KB
- ISO 50001:2011 – DECertified application: production of extruded billet and manufacture of extruded light metal products (aluminum alloys) and processing (machining and completion with purchased parts)404 KB
- ISO 50001:2011 – ENCertified application: production of extruded billet and manufacture of extruded light metal products (aluminum alloys) and processing (machining and completion with purchased parts)403 KB